In the summer of 1951, Student-Pastor Philip V. Anderson, from Christ Lutheran Church in New Hyde Park, went from house to house in Syosset to determine if enough people were interested in starting a Lutheran Church. That September, a meeting was held to plan for the first service to be held on Christmas Day. A temporary chapel was set up in the old International Harvester Building at the intersection of Jackson Avenue and Cold Spring Road. The congregation was formally organized and incorporated as Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church on September 28, 1952 with 61 charter members. With very little money to start, the church was named after the faith it would need to grow.

 

PASTORS:

  • Rev. Robert Kasting: 2016-Present
  • Rev. Marc Herbst: 2011-2013
  • Rev. James G. Anderson: 1997-2010
  • Rev. Nancy Hainfield: 1992-1995
  • Rev. Henry Brau: 1972-1991
  • Rev. Paul A. Lorimer: 1960-1971
  • Rev. Philip V. Anderson: 1953-1960

 

ASSOCIATE PASTORS:

  • Rev. Stephen Lorimer, 1966 – 1967
  • Rev. Edward A. Rauff, 1970 – 1971
  • Rev. Chris Matthy, 1979 – 1984
  • Rev. Thomas Kennedy, 1989 – 1990
  • Rev. Nancy Hainfeld, 1990 – 1991

MEMBERS WHO ENTERED ORDAINED MINISTRY:

  • Rev. Dennis O’Rourke
  • Rev. Karen Brau